From the New York Times:
“More than two billion people around the world rely solely on cash transactions, and basic financial services are out of reach for one in four individuals on earth,” the Treasury Secretary, Jacob J. Lew, said at a two-day financial inclusion forum of government, financial industry, academic and nonprofit leaders at the Treasury Department.
The mSTAR project supported the U.S. Treasury Department and USAID in the design and delivery of the two-day forum that brought together a diverse group of leaders. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew and Bill Gates, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, delivered keynote remarks.
- Watch the recorded livestream of the December 1 program here.
- View the program/agenda Final Agenda
- Follow the discussion on Twitter #FIF2015
- Review the Financial Inclusion Snapshot
- Learn more about the FinX experience here.